Our Website Development Process & Philosophy and How We Build Your Online Presence
Websites are a showcase of the value businesses add to their customers. On the internet, the playing field is completely level for businesses of every size. This can be a good and bad thing. The internet doesn’t have the context of your physical presence. Even for established businesses, it takes an effort to refine your message so it can reach your audience. Successful websites involve business owners in crafting the message and direction.
We want your website to provide a clear picture of your business. Just as you would in-person. When constructing a new website we first work with you to outline your goals. We can then determine which pages and features the website requires to meet those goals. We go to work and create a solution that meets those requirements. Often the solution is not perfectly in line with your vision, and so we take feedback. Then we go and refine and fix errors. Websites are evolving and need maintenance to stay up to date. Businesses are rewarded for the effort they put into creating a strong online presence.
- Responsive site that will allow for a good user experience on
- desktop and mobile devices.
- Follow Google Webmaster SEO guidelines to promote organic
- search visibility.
- Clear calls-to-action giving users a clear path to convert (buy your product/service).
- Built on WordPress platform.
How Much Website Development Do You Need?
Build from a template or commission a custom design
- The theme or template is a starting point to your website development. This helps to keep costs low while maintaining a professional look.
- A custom design still follows best practices for displaying content online. It is 100% customizable for your business’ goals and values (more expensive).
Content creation and gathering
- Copy and pasting the existing content from your old website, just updating the presentation.
- You provide high-resolution photography, business descriptions, services, marketing content.
- How much do you plan to create vs. having us create? Would you prefer we fill it with placeholder content? You could then revise it to reflect your voice and business.
Ease of updates
- Each website we build is on the WordPress platform. This allows for easy updates. Depending on the amount of information your website contains, we can organize it so it can stay consistent. Such as one single update reflecting on different pages around the website.
- Constructed in a maintainable and expandable way. Someone other than a programmer can handle day-to-day updates and/or content publishing.
- Do you need an outlet for frequent updates, blog, or general writing that you or your staff wants to publish?
- Beyond just the layout and the look of the website, we would program specific features. These might include:
- Video viewers
- Contact forms
- Chat boxes
- Specific page functionality (e.g. ‘locations’ page).
- Who should contact forms be directed to? (name and email address)
- Testing for compatibility, load testing, performance benchmarks. Scalable hosting or standard hosting? Encryption or Security needs?
- Monitoring site performance, bug fixes. Site analytics for measuring the effectiveness of your website build. What do people visit and what tends to work and what doesn’t?
- Transferring email providers, and still maintaining encryption and all the old email archive